Travel: Travel Highlights of 2016

 
Looking forward to new adventures in 2017
Like every year, I make it a point that I get to travel atleast once locally and once internationally, good thing I was able to do so for 2016.  

For my international trip, I got to go to Atlanta USA once again for a business trip. I was there summer 2014 and this time I got to enjoy the cool winter weather (no snow though) and pull-off winter OOTD’s. I was also able to spend the weekend at Stone Mountain Park and went outlet shopping (duh as if I would pass up an opportunity to shop?!?!).

Local travel was busy this year and I was able to go to 4 local destinations (which exceeded my target by 3). 

Got to visit a local heritage site, Vigan and see the famed Calle Crisologo with its cobble stone street and beautiful architecture (not to mentions a lot of toursist as well). After Vigan, we headed to the famous northern beach of Pagudpud for some sun, sand and sea. Not to mention having stop overs at the wind turbines at Bangui, Fort Ilocandia, and the famous Saint Agustine Church (commonly known as Paoay Church) which a UNESCO World Heritage site.  

I was able to visit Palawan twice this year. Got to go back to Coron for the 2nd time (which was awesome as always) and was finally able to visit the gorgeous beaches of El Nido. Can’t really decide which is better, Coron or El Nido. Both have stunning beaches and I wouldn’t mind coming back, maybe summer 2017, who knows… 

I was also able to visit Davao again but this time around, I was able to see more of the sights (last time I spent the weekend at Samal island only) it has to offer like checking out the mighty Philippine Eagle.

Now, I have more travel plans (hopefully I can push through with all of them), and I’m excited to see new sights, experience new things and taste different food this 2017.

Read about my 2016 travels in my travel blog at christianjohntravel.blogspot.com

Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts