Staycation: Privato Hotel is B&W Chic

As working professionals, a much needed break is always welcome even for just a day or two, so what better way to escape than to do a staycation. I am very fond of staycations because its easy and it requires no planning at all. Just select a hotel you like, see what’s near and voila, you’re good to go. 

Privato Hotel was just right for this staycation, its in a place I haven’t been to (Pasig) and it was around the area of Kapitolyo where I was planning on doing a foodtrip (red my next post). 

Cooling off
There are definitely Pros, Cons  and Ehhh (meaning nothing special, just soso) for me about Privato.

Pros: 

Location. Yes it  maybe tucked a little farther way from EDSA (nothing Uber or grab or maybe a jeepney ride couldn’t fix) but it was across a new development called Capitol Commons (hello Estancia Mall) and on the other side you have the booming Kapitloyo food scene. There are also mainstream restaurants beside it, so what I’m trying to say, you have choices. 

Price. Rooms rates are affordable (even more affordable because I used Agoda.com and a Citibank card promo to maximize). But don’t expect luxury. We were upgraded for free (because there weren’t other non-smoking rooms available) although the room fell short for me I guess because it was too sparingly decorated like it feels its still missing furnishing or something. 

Coffee to start my day
Views: you have stunning great view of Ortigas CBD on the pool area and Bonifacio Global City on their bar area.The bar is a nice place to hang-out at night, you can enjoy your drink with great views of the city skyline at night.

Restaurant with a view
View of Ortigas
Drinks with a view
View of Bonifacio Global City

Ehhh:

Rooms: As mentioned above, the room we had was big but sparingly decorated. I mean I know minimalism, but it just feels like they run out of furnishings to decorate the space. The towels we had had definitely seen better days (like it was off white already and thin (not fluffy like in other hotels)).


Double beds
Coffee to start the day

 Cons:

Pool: I guess this really wasn’t supposed to be a pool because: 1. it was only 4 feet deep, so I guess this was a children’s pool really and 2. its petite, like seriously you’ll feel crowded once 10 people try to wade (not swim because its just 4 feet) in the water. Also I wished that instead of seeing cement they could have maximize the rooftop pool by using glass so you can have views while swimming. 

Instead one part I can see a mop and a broom (they didn’t have a closet to store them, but atleast they have cleaning equipment). I mean c'mon, you’re there to make sure your IG and FB posts looks stunning right? Plus, pool area itself is small, seriously, its like the pool was an after thought.

Pool area
View of Ortigas from the pool area
Pool is not deep

Now, big question is, would I stay there again? Yes. As I've listed above, I liked the location of this hotel, its close to everything that would appeal to me, shopping, food and a good view. Coupled with an affordable price, its a nice place to do that quick staycation.


Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn



Privato logo

View from the bar
View from below
Lobby

Comments

Popular Posts