Eat: Weekend Foodtrip at Pasig

For someone who grew up in the city, I haven’t really explored much of Manila (funny because I’ve always vacationed around the country and outside). 

I’ve always heard and read about Kapitolyo Pasig and how its a food destination. So, thanks to my recent staycation at Privato Hotel (which is in the area already in the area), I got the chance to eat here (while everyone is sweating it out in the gym, I’m just happy trying new places to eat and food to munch on).

Prior to checking-in at Privato, we decided to get lunch first at Shangrila Mall (a mall which a rarely set foot on - again, I'm a southie). Saw Zao which is a Vietnamese restaurant so we thought we'd give it a try. Good decision since the food was absolutely delicious. Plus the servings were generous that we had some take-out (atleast we have food during our staycation).
 
Appetizer Sampler

Shake and Vietnamese Coffee
Capitol Commons is a new development along Shaw boulevard and like any new developments in the country, it has a mall (petite in size called Estancia) and an array of food options. There you have a Starbucks (kinda like a requirement really, if they’re building a new development, there has to be a space reserved for a Starbucks or else). I just went there for coffee and to get a free slice of cake (yay, Starbucks card). Also we tried The Peri-Peri chicken, just got disappointed by the serving size (I was expecting more for the price). 



Free Cheesecake
Peri Peri Chicken
Chicken and Shrimp
Dessert to cap the meal
For dinner, we went to Gastropark and this is one time that Google Maps has led me astray (hahaha). Apprently, we were going the wrong way and we were walking around the area for around 20 minutes already. Joke’s on us coz’ we should have asked someone already. We walked so much that I was already sweating on my OOTD outfit when we arrived (and I was wearing a jacket). It was a popular place, and you have to be quick to grab a table once someone leaves. I tried their Haianese Chicken Rice which was soso (didn’t even finish the rice) and I was dumb not to get the ribs (you can never go wrong with ribs). Highlight of the place for me was the Nitrogen Ice cream which was cool and getting more dessert at Sweet Nothing.

Gastropark
Dinner OOTD
Dinner is served
Time for some dessert
How to make nitrogen ice cream
The next day, I was excited to eat at Kanto Freestyle Breakfast (which I’ve heard from different people already). It was a popular place because there was a wait time to get seated (and we were just in time for breakfast, around 8AM). We got the Vigan Longganisa, Pampangga Tocino and capped with Champorado. HonestlyI don’t get what the fuss is about on the food, it tasted very ordinary to me (something I can prepare at home, and the longganisa was even burnt at some parts - my type of cooking skill), yes the Champorado was yummy but again, something that can be replicated or even better at home. I’m giving the benefit of the doubt that maybe if we tried something else we would like it. Let’s see.

Longganisa and Tocino, Pinoy breakfast staples
Champorado
For now, would I go back to Kapitolyo and eat, maybe if I’m in the area (which is rare). But it was a nice experience all in all. 


Drinks at Verona, Privato Hotel
Privato Hotel Cafe

Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts