Eat: Tagaytay Post Birthday Celebration

After my birthday lunch at Marriot Café, I decided to extend my birthday with a quick escape to Tagaytay for lunch and some coffee with my parents and cousin.

Bag of Beans Tagaytay
It was a nice cloudy day (I thought it’ll be nice cool weather) until we reached Tagaytay where it began to pour.
Driving through the rain
Bag of Beans is probably one of the more popular restaurants in Tagaytay with different branches around the city. I've always heard of it from friends and so I thought why not give it a try. Originally as a friend suggested, we should go to their branch overlooking the lake (at the rotonda). Well unfortunately, it was closed so we drove farther to their main branch. 

I actually like the ambience of the restaurant, its al fresco (I guess to make use of the cool weather of Tagaytay with beautiful greenery around. If your someone who likes to take pictures, this place will have you snapping each corner of the place. 


Menu
 We ordered what the waiter suggested as their best sellers, Chicken Ala Kiev, Tuna Belly and the Seafood Fettuccine (tomato and cream sauce). To be honest, everything was just OK (probably I was expecting much more because of the reviews and the popularity) but the upside I guess is that the servings were generous and will definitely make you full.

Chicken Ala Kiev
Seafood Fettuccine in tomato sauce
Seafood Fettuccine in cream sauce
Tuna Belly
Like what I mentioned above, an upside of the place is the ambience. I guess since it was a weekday, there's not much people so you have the luxury to take pictures (w/o other people in them), and just chill, relax and have a quiet lunch.
Fountain
Nice colorful tiles
Statement wall
Nice cabana set-up
Colorful umbrellas for some shade
Bag of Beans Tagaytay
After lunch (and taking a lot of pictures), we headed to Twin Lakes to get some coffee at Starbucks. Twin Lakes is a new development in Tagaytay and they have this nice commercial area overlooking the lake (there are already establishments open like another branch of Bag of Beans).  

Even while ordering your drink, you already have a nice view.

Starbucks Twin Lakes
Starbucks Twin Lakes
The Starbucks store has 2 levels, the upper level is the main floor and where you order, the lower level is the seating area and access to the garden.  


Starbucks Twin Lakes
The garden outside is a shared space so you can walk around and enjoy the scenery. Rain has stopped already and we had a cloudy and cool weather which was nice.

Coffee with a view
Coffee with a view
Coffee with a view
After coffee, we walked around to take more pictures. There's a lot of nice places to get that IG worthy shot.

Weather is perfect for some layering
I can fly
Wearing a different jacket
Full and caffeinated, we were ready to go home. Good thing we were already driving back to Manila when the rain began to pour again.

Driving back home
I guess I am getting older because this is already my idea of how I want to spend my extended birthday. Family and food will always be a great combo. 


Follow me on my social media channels:



Instagram: @thisischristianjohn






Comments

Popular Posts