Shopping: Kenzo X H&M

Its that time of year again, when H&M releases their latest design collaboration and everyone goes crazy wanting to snatch the pieces form the collection (plus the fact that these are affordable versions of the real deal designer stuff). 

Kenzo X HM
Just like any other fashion crazed millennial, I too wanted a piece of the collection so I kicked my butt out of bed and I was already in line by 6AM. Unlike last year for the Balmain collaboration (where it was only available in the H&M Flagship at SM Megamall), I was already in the 90′s when I arrived the same time. I was surprised that I was 11th in line at H&M Makati store. I was relieved because this time around, atleast I’ll be able to get the pieces that I really want. 

The key to this (which I've learned last year) is to have a friend tag along so that you can pass the time chatting, and at the same time, have someone save your spot if you wanna go to the restroom or want to buy some snacks at a nearby convenience store. Other essentials should include a power bank, a headset (especially if you're alone to zone out the people around you) and a mat that you can sit on (you'll wait outside and not inside the mall premises).

Waiting in line
Kenzo X HM water and candies
Some people may have probably passed the event because the designs were really loud, like you should be a confident person to pull-off such styles. Good thing for me, the designs were right up my alley (well not all of them ofcourse). The prints were really loud which suits my style and I really liked the aesthetic. 

Almost time to go in
DJ trying to pump up the crowd
I was happy because me waking up early paid off as I walked in the first batch and was able to get the sweater, bag and clutch that I wanted. Score!

Kenzo Jungle
Kenzo X HM Ad
Yes, I probably a months worth of shopping money and yes people might raise their eyebrows because its still H&M (and not really Kenzo), but I don’t mind. I’m happy with the styles I got and with the rush of having to get limited pieces. 


Shopping haul
Til’ next year H&M, looking forward to your next designer collaboration. Crossing my fingers that it’ll be as loud and eclectic as this year’s #KenzoXHM. :)
Shopping & Starbucks

Follow me on my social media channels:



Instagram: @thisischristianjohn





Check my travels at christianjohntravel.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts