My 2016 Birthday

I had 2 agenda's for my birthday. 1 was to treat myself to a luxe staycation and 2, spend time with family (ofcourse!).

Crimson Filinvest City Lobby
For my staycation, I booked a stay at Crimson Hotel in Filinvest City (which very is close to home, it feels I kinda didn’t leave the house at all). Thanks to Agoda.com, I got a good deal and thanks to Citibank PH, I got an additional discount for using my Citi card (double discounts baby!)

I like being surprised
Someone left a surprise in my room
View from my room
First thing on my agenda was to take a dip in the pool. Since it was a holiday the next day, I should have expected that families would also plan a staycation so I ended up with 20 other kids in the pool all splashing water at me. What goes better than lounging by the pool, booze ofcouse! Drinking in the afternoon? Why not its my birthday anyway, I have an excuse.  
 
Afternoon drinking
For dinner, I wanted a beautiful view of the city at night so what better place to take this in but at Vivere Hotel’s The Nest Restaurant which is perched on the topmost floor (this also means I want to spend money because prices here ain’t cheap).

Let's get the party started
View from The Nest
View of Crimson Hotel from Vivere Hotel
Why just only have 1
The Nest at Vivere Hotel
Hanging lanterns
Vivere Hotel Lobby
Appreciating the display at Vivere Hotel's lobby
The next day, what better way to spend the rest of the morning but by getting up late in the morning, staying in bed watching TV (which is something I do most of the time anyway when I am at home, so this comes naturally already), and having your DIY facial at the same time (I booked my room with discounts, this means I don’t have money to spend on expensive spa services at the hotel).

Checking yesterday's pictures early in the morning
DIY Facial
After my me time, next would be family time (which is equally important). To celebrate with my family, what better way than with food. Since it is my birthday, I could eat for free at Sambokojin (which is an Asian buffet place). One tip, make sure to go there on a weekday (since weekends have more people and is a bit more expensive) and make sure to call in for a reservation.

Sambokojin serves Japanese and Korean specialties and you also have a fresh meat/seafood section where you can cook your own food. I live for buffets and people get surprised by the amount of food I can eat.

Mouthwatering Desserts
Because I have a sweet tooth
Another tip, you can tell the receptionist or your assigned server that you don't want the obligatory concert of the staff singing happy birthday to you and that just the signage would be enough.

Birthday Boy
A staycation and an all you can eat buffet, overall, it was just what I needed for birthday. Family, foodt and some quiet, relaxed and low key me time (when this is your idea for a birthday celebration, you’re getting old!).


Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn


Comments

Popular Posts