Sheraton Manila Staycation

Thanks to an email advising me of my expiring Marriot Bonvoy points, I jumped on the opportunity for a quick staycation. I forgot about these points already since I only gain points whenever I have company business trips and Marriot is the preferred hotel chain of our company. It’s been 2 years since I’ve had a business trip so I literally forgot about it already. 

Luckily, there was an email and my expiring points was more than enough for a night’s stay so I’m basically getting the room for free (yay!).



I had 3 options, Marriot Manila, Sheraton Manila or Sheraton Manila Bay but I chose Sheraton Manila since this is a newly built property and it’s in the Resorts World area. I booked a room with twin bed configuration since I was staying with a friend, however, my friend cancelled last minute – which meant I’ll have the room to myself.



Sheraton is easily accessible if you have a car or using Grab. Well you can also ride public transportation via the P2P buses that will go to Airport terminal 3.



I was hoping for an early check-in however the earliest they could check me in was around 2:30 PM (3:00 PM was the check-in time).

Their lobby was small (compared to other hotel lobbies) but the high ceiling and the floor to ceiling windows made it look bigger. The highlight will be the stunning chandelier that would cover the entire ceiling area. It’s like looking at the stars in the sky, it was really eye catching.




I was told I got an upgrade and I got a room at the 5th floor. Although I didn’t have a bathtub, I did get a huge balcony with a view of the pool area. A missed opportunity for this room was giving it an outdoor table. Yes, it had chairs but was lacking a table, the space was under utilized. Maybe a nice cabana set-up?




After settling in, I decided to check out the pool area already. The pool is located at the 5th floor, which is also where the fitness center is (open 24 hours but the trainer will only be there during working hours) as well as the play area. This is also where the spa is located however it is not yet open.

As I have been told, the Vega pool 9as it is called) is actually shared by Sheraton and Hilton (that’s why I was wondering why they had the same pool in photos).



Even though this was shared, it was still big enough to accommodate the guests of both hotels. They had ample seating areas and sun beds. The pool area also has a pool bar for some drinks and snacks.



The pool is open from 6AM to 10PM so if you prefer to swim after sundown then it’s perfect.
After a few hours in the pool and soaking some sun, I went back to the room to rest-up before dinner. 



I wanted to try their food outlets so that I can have the total Sheraton experience. For dinner, I decided to try their Korean Restaurant Bibimbap which was a spin-off restaurant by Oori. It was a quiet night; I was initially the only customer until I was joined by 2 other guests who were also staying at the Sheraton.



I had their Japchae which was stir fried glass noodles with beef stripes and vegetables. It was tasty and the noodles were cooked perfectly. It also came with a side of marbled potatoes (refillable) and some kimchi (I believe this is also refillable but since this was spicy, I didn’t really touch it). Serving size was just enough, though they could give me more (I was hungry at the middle of the night).



After dinner, I decided to go back to the pool for a dip (since they are still open at 10PM anyway) to cap the night.

The next day, I woke up early (I set my alarm at 6:30AM but woke up at 7AM already) so I can have a morning dip at the pool. It was a good decision since I almost had the pool to myself at that time. I also had the opportunity to take some photos for the gram (thanks to my handy tripod, lol).



It was already 9AM when I decided to go back to my room, plus I was already hungry.
I decided to just have breakfast in my room and to also take advantage of my balcony and dine al fresco. My room didn’t come with breakfast (maybe because I was using points I don’t know) which was OK since I didn't want to eat at a buffet by myself. I ordered their classic pancakes which came with Palawan honey (yes that was specific), whipped cream and butter (of course). It was good that the room had complimentary coffee and it was an instant drip coffee (not just the ordinary 3 in 1 that are available in most hotels). It was a nice morning and I’m glad I had room service, having breakfast al fresco while reading the newspaper (entertainment and horoscope section, hahaha).




After breakfast, I just had a lazy time watching TV and Netflix before deciding to go back to the pool.

It was a beautiful Monday morning, the sun’s up, and perfect day for a dip in the pool. I was given a late check-out of 1PM so I still had enough time to soak some sun at the pool and pack-up to get ready.




After check-out, and before leaving, I decided to try out Sheraton’s High Tea at The Lounge. It looked interesting plus the pictures will be nice for the gram.


High Tea consisted of the following: Ham and Cheese Croissant, Beetroot Croustade, Smoked Turkey in Focaccia, Salmon Gravlax with Honey Dil, Chocolate Bar, Coconut Gianduja Truffle, Vanilla Paris Breast and Fruit de la Passion. For their Organic Coffee Cocktail, I had their Cremino which had vodka and Baileys.



It was presented beautifully and was actually good, I mean you’re still hungry after, but good, lol. The coffee was also strong thanks to the vodka but was still yummy because of the heavy cream on top.



Overall, I would give my stay 5 stars.

Room: nice and big, beautiful furnishings, complete bath amenities. No bathtub for my room but had a big balcony.

Food: it’s already expected that hotel food will be pricey but food I’ve had was good. Pancakes are pancakes (I mean I could make them) but the Japchae and high tea with my cremino coffee cocktail was a win.

Staff: everyone was super nice and accommodating, like everyone from the front desk, to the people at the food outlets, even the lifeguard. Kudos to everyone.

Hotel Overall: nice and clean, beautiful furnishings and décor including an art installation by Filipino designer Ann Pamintuan. The pool area was also a plus since it was big, and resort like with lush landscaping. Would definitely be back for another staycation at this property. Hoping to have more points for another free stay. Maybe Sheraton Manila Bay would be next. 😊



Follow me on my social media accounts:

Facebook: facebook.com/thisischristianjohn
Instagram: @thisischristianjohn
Youtube: thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts