Holiday Inn Makati Staycation Review


Overall Rating: ★★★★☆


Thanks to Ayala Rewards Circle, I got a Staycation Thrills booklet loaded with different hotel coupons for Raffles, Fairmont, Holiday Inn and Seda. Only catch is that I needed to use as much of them since they expire this June 2018.


Good thing I have my friend RJ who’s always ready and up for a quick getaway or staycation. I picked Holiday Inn since I’ve been here a couple of times however I haven’t had the chance to stay here.


The coupon was 50% discount on their executive rooms which comes with access to the executive lounge.

Accessibility/Location: ★★★★★
Holiday Inn Makati is centrally located in Makati CBD within Ayala Center. It is easily accessible via MRT line 1 Ayala Station. Since it is within Ayala Center, you have a choice of EDSA, Makati Avenue, Pasay Road and Ayala Avenue to reach the property.

Best thing about it is that it’s right in the middle of the best shopping and dining that Makati CBD has to offer. You have Glorietta, SM Makati, Landmark and Greenbelt within reach.

Amenities/Facilities: ★★★★☆
The hotel checks the important hotel amenities: dining options (restaurants), gym, swimming pool, and most importantly high speed internet. Plus points since they also have a spa (though wasn't able to try their services).




Having booked an executive room, we had access to the executive lounge which has afternoon tea service and evening drinks which was another plus.

Rooms: ★★★☆☆
We booked an executive room with double beds which was spacious. However I felt underwhelmed since for the price, I would have expected something more (a tad more luxurious maybe?). Honestly, it really looks average for me (good thing I got a 50% discount).


The tub is not standard and is available on a much more expensive room type (Again, for an executive room, I was expecting this to be standard), the rainfall shower was nice (although it’s expected for this room category I presume).

The upside of the room type was that it has executive lounge access which made up for it.


Mini bar is available, toiletries were provided (although I had to request extra because they only provided one set – like this is a double bed, I would have thought it was common sense to give 2 sets of toiletries but that’s just me knit picking - lol). I liked that the room has a blue tooth speaker so you can play and listen to your music. Bed is very comfortable with plush pillows.


Plus points because for this stay, they granted my request for an early check-in and late check-out.

Food: ★★★★☆

Dining options include Flavors Restaurant (where they also serve their buffet breakfast), Citron at the lobby and Oz bar at the roof deck. I have previously tried eating at all of their restaurants on previous occasions.

Since we had access to the executive lounge, we had another dining option.

The executive lounge has afternoon tea service and evening drinks.

Afternoon tea was delightful with free flowing coffee, tea, and other beverages (no need for your room's mini bar). The food options were limited but delicious. The lechon wrap was a definite hit and I literally ate 3 of those.  






Evening drinks was also a hit for me. Free flowing drinks and h'ordeuvres was a nice way to end the day. The food options, again were limited but were tasty. Alcoholic beverage menu was extensive although the wines were limited to red and white.











Breakfast at Flavors restaurant was good. Although limited options, it had the buffet staples: omelet station, breads, fruits, etc.



Staff: ★★★★★

Staff was lovely; everyone was polite and always had a smile. Everyone provided excellent service and was always very helpful.



Definitely a great hotel in the heart of Makati CBD. Good amenities, excellent location and superb service makes this hotel a definite must stay.


Follow me on Instagram at @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts