Renaissance Tianjin TEDA Convention Centre Review


Overall Rating: ★★★★☆



Since I had a business trip in Tianjin, I had the luxury of being checked in at the Renaissance Tianjin TEDA Convention Centre at the heart of TEDA Binhai district.

Just a tip, due to language barrier, it would help if you could print the Chinese address since most couldn’t speak/read English. 

Accessibility: ★★★★☆

Accessibility, it depends. Why? The hotel, being located in the TEDA area, is far from the airport. Around 40 – 45 minutes.

However when you’re already at the hotel, everything seems to be nearby. You have 2 shopping areas at each side of the street where it is located. Plus you are close to the newest attraction, the Binhai Cultural Center which houses the Tianjin Library.




Facilities/Amenities: ★★★★★

One thing I liked about the lobby is the large woodwork that will greet you and the floral carpet. Only comment is that the seating area is limited.




I also liked the high ceiling and accent wall of the Lobby Lounge/TEDA Bar.




I guess being a business hotel, the hotel has complete facilities. Their fitness center has a spa, a gym and an indoor pool (which is really great especially during winter). Also, the locker room had a steam room and sauna (unfortunately the jacuzzi wasn’t working while I was there). Their gym, although not that big, had the usual basic equipment.







They also have a bar and I was told it was the only hotel in the area which had a band playing (Monday – Saturday every 7:30PM – 10:30PM).






Rooms: ★★★★★

Rooms are big and spacious. I had a large king bed all to myself. The room also has a nice reading area and a desk area. The bathroom was nice, separate shower area and bathtub which was nice. The bathroom also had electronic blinds so you can open it up and see the view from the outside (I was on the 6th floor and can see the Binhai Cultural Center from my window).







I also liked that the room comes with bathrobes and plush slippers. Also a plus is the nice toiletries provided.  




Dining: ★★★☆☆

The hotel has 4 dining options, their main restaurant called Renaissance Brasserie, the Lobby Lounge, the TEDA Bar and Craft Gourmet (breads and pastries).

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffets are served at the Brasserie. Only comment is that for the 9 days I was there, it was the same breakfast options. Upside that it was somehow extensive, mix of traditional Chinese, there’s a bit of Japanese, Asian, Western, omelet station and different pastries.







I’ve also eaten at the Brasserie ala carte for dinner a couple of times, and tried their buffet dinner on my last night at the hotel. They had good selections and also had beer and wine.







Taste wise, maybe I was expecting more for the hotel because the food was average for me.
A shout out and kudos to the staff of the Brasserie, very helpful and accommodating.




Attractions: ★★★★☆

The TEDA area is far from downtown Tianjin (an hour maybe via the train) where most of the attractions are. The only attraction I was only able to go to in downtown Tianjin was Ancient Culture Street which had beautiful traditional Chinese architecture.

Maybe the most famous attraction in TEDA would be the Tianjin Library.
For shopping, you have 2 shopping centers on each side of the hotel (10 minute walk). Jinyuanbao Binhai International Shopping which carries high end designer luxury brands. Beside it, there a Dicos for your grocery needs. On the other side you have the department store Isetan. Also, the area has shops like H&M, Nike, Adidas to name a few (a more affordable shopping alternative).

A cab ride away, you have Yang Huo market and Wai Tan market.

Staff: ★★★★★

Everyone was amazing. Outlining some of my experiences –
Front desk: Always helpful in giving tips and directions. I also asked them to write down the places I wanted to go to in Chinese so that I can show to the taxi drivers. They were very patient with me in giving directions.

Restaurant: Always had a smile in their faces. Although a language barrier was apparent, they tried their best to help you with your needs. Everyone was eager to help and always had a smile.

Fitness Center: always greets you with a smile and helpful with your needs.

Housekeeping: Although she wasn’t able to understand me, she was always with a smile while fixing my room.





Follow me on Instagram at @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts