Eat: Birthday Lunch Buffet at Marriot Cafe

August means one thing, that I'll be a year wiser (or older, depends on your perspective). Unlike last year, didn't really do any staycations or planned to go out of town. I just wanted to have a nice meal with my parents and that's it. I can do staycations and travel anytime anyway.
Marriot Cafe
Good thing my credit card has a birthday promo that gives me 50% off at Marriot Cafe (if not we would have eaten somewhere else, hahaha). Last time I celebrated my birthday here was 4 years ago, so I guess its nice to be back.

Waiting for lunch
We arrived early (buffet starts at 12 noon and we were there at 11:30am) so we had time to take pictures (ofcourse for Instagram). Well 30 minutes seemed a looooong time because I was actually hungry already.
Patio of Marriot Hotel
Marriot Reception
Lobby
I liked that we went here on a weekday lunch, so not much people. I think we were actually the 1st ones to get seated so I had time to go around, take some snaps to document and Instagram my birthday.
Breads and Cheeses
Cured meats
Tempura
Salad Station
Peking Duck
Chinese Food Station
Starting the meal
Sushi and Sashimi
Like any buffet, I always like it when there's a lot of choices, where you can say "oh I haven't tried this yet" or "I haven't had this in a while". Marriot Cafe has a good mix of food choices (not as extensive as other hotel buffets for the price point) but definitely worth the price.

Seafood section
More food choices

I like that the restaurant had multiple cooking stations so you can have food prepared how you like it. Had some seafood pasta, tepanyaki and some seafood grilled (which was yummy!). Whenever I have food cooked, I always ask for half of the serving size (I mean I don't wanna get full with just one dish, what's the point of being in a buffet right?).

Tepanyaki




Seafood pasta
I also liked their roast beef, definitely a must.
Roast beef
Food is delicious, and as much as I wanted to eat more and try to taste everything, had to leave room for the desserts ofcourse. They have a good selection that will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. Another must try is their gelatto, it's soooo good!
Halo Halo
Cakes
Gelatto
To cap of the meal, the staff sang me a birthday song (which I wish they hadn't because I didn't want everyone in the restaurant to look at ,e, hahaha) which was sweet and a little cake (that I eventually brought home since I was already full).

Make a wish

Shout out to the staff who are always smiling and eager to help.

Overall, had a good birthday celebration, spending the day with family and food (I guess I'm really getting old because this is my idea of a birthday celebration now, hahaha).
 
Lobby of Marriot Hotel Manila

Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts