Staycation: New Year Stay at Bellevue Hotel Alabang

Because I've been a loyal Agoda customer for 2016 (and having booked a lot of rooms for family vacations last summer), I have enough points for an overnight stay (and plus the fact that some of the points would be expiring before the year ends. So why not start the year right with a quick staycation to cap the holiday season.

Poolside at Bellevue
Having worked in the Northgate Alabang area for 3 years, I always pass by Bellevue Hotel going to the office (plus the fact that I’ve eaten at their restaurant Cafe D' Asie a couple of times already too), but I haven't really tried staying here. Well now is my chance.

If you’ve been reading my blogs, obviously I am a big fan of staycations and to start the year going, I booked an overnight stay with breakfast at Bellevue Hotel's main wing (using my Agoda points).

Since it still the holiday season, I like that they still had Christmas decorations up (because the Philippines celebrates Christmas the longest),  making the atmosphere festive and makes you enjoy the holiday spirit.

Christmas Tree at the Tower Wing Lobby
Christmas is still here
Bellevue Manila Lobby
I have to say Bellevue has really uped their game, now they have 2 towers which means that the hotel scene in Alabang is booming. Also, I liked that the room was bigger (compared to some) especially the bathroom which has a separate shower and tub.

After checking in, what else to do? Go poolside and be lazy the entire afternoon (what else to do anyway). Good thing the room also comes with 2 coupons for drinks that I used poolside.

Lounging
It's a nice day to be pool side, you still have the cool weather of Christmas and its not as humid as it is during summer. Plus, there's not much people so you get to enjoy some peace and quiet without the busy crowds frolicking in the pool.

Hues of blue
Unlike Makati, Alabang has a more laid back vibe (plus Bellevue is located at Northgate Cyberzone which is an office hub so night life isn't really existent here), so after dinner, what else to do but soak in the tub.
Bath time
The next day I woke up early (since I did sleep in early anyway, what else to do on a staycation) which was good because I was hungry and was ready to gorge on the delicious breakfast buffet. But first, need to check social media and take selfies. :)

What's up social media
Selfie
Good morning Alabang
Lazy mornings
But first, cofee
CafĂ© D’ Asie is small compared to other hotels but I think that makes it cozier. Also, don’t let the small size fool you as the food is delicious. True, the options are limited (as compared to others) but who needs a lot of options, when I just want bacon (in huge quantities), ham and cheese omelet and coffee (pitcher). Plus I get to taste everything on the buffet (well almost everything). 

Tasty breads
After breakfast and being full, wouldn’t stop me from spending the remainder of my stay poolside (I don’t mind my full belly sticking out,  hahaha). 
Blending in with the blue
Smile
Inviting swimming pool
I have to say, the quick staycation was a nice opening for the new year. Hopefully I can rack more points in Agoda so I can get to have more free nights this 2017.

Bellevue Lobby
Bellevue Lobby
 
Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts