Travel: Coron Take 2

Palawan is gaining more popularity as Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure magazines named it the best island in the world. Well this accolade is fit for the beautiful scenery the islands has to offer. 

Flying over Coron
I’m also particularly happy because this time, I will be with my family for a vacation which makes it extra special. 

Coron bound
Headed to Coron town proper



Beautiful scenery on route to Coron town
Thanks to Agoda, was able to book our stay at Sunz En Coron which is a quaint boutique resort. (What I liked is that our room opens to the pool directly, good thing there were no rowdy guests that time). The beauty of booking via Agoda is that I get the best deals and I get to earn points everytime I book.

Sunz En Coron
Also, we booked 2 whole day private tours via Calamianes tours and got their Coron Island Ultimate Tour and their Sun, Sea and Sand Eco Tour. Very friendly staff at their office and easy to transact with. We also were told to pay after we were done with both tours (they accept credit cards which is also convenient).

Here's a daily breakdown of our trip:
DAY 1

Since our tours were scheduled for the entire day, our 1st day in Coron was dedicated to just lounging at the resort and enjoying some downtime at the pool.  

Room and pool of Sunz En Coron
Our room
Pool time
Sunz En Coron pool at night
Day 2

Our first tour was the Coron Island Ultimate Tour. This is a must since you'll get to see the famous sights in Coron. First stop, Twin Lagoon.What's special is that you'll swim through a little cave to get inside.

Next was Kayangan lake with the famous view and the challenging hike (you need to hike up and back down to reach it). 

View from the top at Kayangan Lake
Clear waters of Kayangan Lake
We had lunch at Calachuchi beach and though it rained, we were still happy. Once the rain stopped, we headed to Siete Picados and Coral Gardens for incredible snorkeling. The place was teaming with fish and corals! Last stop of the was Maquinit Hot Springs for some relaxation and to rest our muscles from all that swimming we did.

View from Calachuchi beach
Headed to the Coral Gardens
We found Nemo
Going to Maquinit hot spring
 Day 3

Our next tour was the Sun, Sea and Sand Eco Tour. As the name implies, it's more relaxed since we’ll be spending most of the day at the beach (which I like!). 1st stop was Malcapuya Island. It was quite a boat ride, but it was worth it. There, we had our family photo taken which was a lot of fun and a lot of selfies.  

Headed to Malcapuya island
Relaxing by the beach at Malcapuya
Selfie time at Malcapuya
Next on the agenda was snorkeling around a Japanese shipwreck which was really cool (and my nephew enjoyed it a lot). To cap the day, and our trip, we spend the remaining hours at CYC beach.

When I have CYC beach to myself
Day 4

No more tours for today, just passing the time poolside before heading back to the city.
Tanning time
This is my 2nd time visiting Coron and I must say I can’t get enough of it!  There is so much I haven’t seen (Calauit Safari Park and Tapyas View deck), which makes an excellent excuse to come back again.

Thanks Coron! Til' next time. :)

Read the full story on my travel blog  - christianjohntravel.blogspot.com

Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn



Comments

Popular Posts