Travel: Business Trip in Georgia

I'm glad I work in a company where I have the opportunity to travel (mainly in the US) for business trips. To start the year, I had the opportunity for a 2 week business trip in Atlanta Georgia (though I've been here 2 years ago).

Since it is just 2 weeks, I only had Sunday (the day of our arrival) and 1 weekend to go out an about.
 
Arriving in LAX

We arrived Valentines Day, February 14, to a chilly Atlanta morning (since it was still winter).

After settling in and resting, 1st order of business, head to the nearest mall and shop. Well its very tempting to shop in the US since there are a lot of stuff that's mostly available (and cheaper) in the US.
Staying at Residence Inn
Good thing there was an on-going sale since it was a holiday the next day (President's day). Good because there were a lot of stuff that was marked down, however, bad for your credit card because you tend to shop and shop and shop.


Shopping haul for day 1
The next day, ofcourse we had to go to work, hahaha. Nothing exciting since we were located at Alanta's suburb. But it doesn't mean you can't pull off some OOTDs, especially that its winter, you can layer all you want (something you can't do in the humidity of the tropics).

1st day at work
OOTD shot
Office OOTD
Lunch Break at Chilis
Other than going to work, we also need some supplies - meaning junk food. :)

Grocery shopping at WalMart
And shopping isn't limited to the mall, now you can have stuff delivered at your hotel while you're there. Since I was just there for 2 weeks (and to make sure my stuff would arrive before I leave), what I did was shop online already before leaving Manila so that there was ample time for shipping (I don't want to pay for express shipping). True enough, I got my package on the 3rd day I was there.

Nice Surprise after work
To spend my only weekend in Atlanta, my team mates and I decided to visit Stone Mountain Park (which they dubbed as Snow Mountain since it was winter, also I have been here before but during the summer) and enjoy some fun in the snow (there's no really snow but that's not something a snow/ice machine can't fix).

Ready for some action

Stone Mounntain
Good thing we were early and got the earliest slot available because when we were about to be done (2 hours per slot), a lot of people were already in line waiting to be next.

Let's do it again
After 2 hours of exhausting ourselves by screaming as we slid down, next thing is to enjoy the giant snow pit courtesy of their large ice machine. Word of caution, the ice that the machine produces aren't as fine as actual snow, it was almost like pebbles being thrown at you. :)

Chunks of ice flying around
Enjoying some cool weather
Last time I was here, I wasn't able to ride the cable car going to the top of the mountain because of a thunderstorm warning. This time around, they weren't allowing people to go up because it was winter. Maybe its not meant to be for me to go up the mountain. :(

Skyride
How to cap an exhausting but fun day in the park? More photos ofcourse!

Into the woods
With Stone Mountain as my background
Stone Mountain Park
The next day was dedicated to more shopping. An hour away was an outlet mall so we hurriedly went there 1st thing in the morning. Good thing I only packed 1 week worth of clothing and I had 2 large suitcases so I definitely have the space to accommodate more stuff to bring home.


Outlet store haul
The 2 weeks have gone by quickly and before I know it, it was time for me to pack my bags and go back home.
Last day at the office
It was a fun short trip and definitely happy to have had the chance to go out and be back in the US.

On route to LA
LA skyline in the horizon
Waiting to board my flight back to Manila



Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts