Eat: Ba Nois Vietnamese Bistro


I’ve been working from home for a couple of months already and because of that, I’m just stuck at home (mostly in my room). Because I needed to go to Makati to pick-up something, I decided to have some me time, eat out, do a little shopping maybe and just be out of the house for once. 

Having been assigned to Makati months back, I was exposed to different restaurants in the Legazpi village area: Your Local, Yardstick, Mom and Tina’s, The Plantation, etc. 

I heard about Ba Nois and read about good reviews online so I had to try it. The restaurant is a cozy little spot along Perea st. (beside Mom and Tina’s) and I thought it was a quaint little place with some outside seating and shade from the trees.

Facade
Menu Cover
The place is not that big and being in Makati during lunch, the place can get packed and people do wait for a seat. The prices are a little on the pricey side but with the crowd, it looks like the food is worth it.
  
Inside Ba Nois
To start off, I ordered the Cha Gio. It’s a mixture of ground pork, shrimp, taro and black fungus wrapped and deep fried, served with fresh greens and traditional nuoc mam dipping sauce, this is the menu explanation. 
In simple hungry person terms, its 6 pieces of spring rolls that you can share. :)
Cha Gio
It was delicious and I especially liked wrapping it in lettuce and dipping it in the sauce, yummy! 

Ofcourse since everyone can equate Vietnamese food with Pho so I ordered their Pho Bo, which I’ve read in reviews one of the best sellers (it’s also marked on their menu! Hahaha). Its homemade beef noodles served with fresh herbs and spices. The soup was very tasty and good.

Pho Bo
Eating soup on a hot day, it didn’t help that it was a little hot inside. I guess because the place was packed, but a little more air-conditioning would be nice.

Cha Gio and Pho Bo
Also, I’m not sure if they provided wood chopsticks and I forgot to ask. They used plastic chopsticks which were fine but I’d prefer the wood ones because wood chopsticks in my opinion have a better grip on the food compared to the plastic ones where food keeps on sliding off (and I’m eating noodles so it kept sliding off and splashing back in the soup). Another one is that you can grip the chopsticks better as well which is more comfortable.

Dining at Ba Nois was over all a very satisfying lunch (talk about being so full as well!). I would definitely come back and try out the rest of their menu. 




Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts