Travel: Prado Farms and Wakeboarding Weekend

It’s been a while since my friends Jops and Rosey got together for a summer getaway. It was last year when we were all together for an overnight trip to Tagaytay. Although missing Gracey and Dom, we were still excited because we’ll be spending time together.

We met up early in the morning (our planned 4AM turned to 6ish AM), and decided to get breakfast at NLEX. Other than loading up on breakfast, we also loaded up on the first selfies of our trip.


Me and Rosey
Rosey, CJ, Jops and Rhett
The trip took 3 – 4 hours, plus traffic and our breakfast and selfie stop over but we passed the time with non-stop chit chat (when you hear us talk, it’s like a mix of non-sense and more none-sense which makes us laugh) . I’ve seen the Facebook page of Prado Farms and being there, you really see the eclectic style, from the dĂ©cor to interesting pieces. To put it, there’s a lot of photo shoot material for the cam whores in all of us. Just being at the reception area, we already took snaps.

Outside of Prado Farms
The place is big and lush. It’s a leisurely walk from the reception area to the rooms but it was OK because you’ll see a lot of interesting things and you’ll be stopping to take pictures. Instead of a 3 minute walk you’ll end up with 30 minutes because you’ll take pictures here and there.

View from their restaurant
View from their restaurant
Lush garden
Old houses add to the rustic charm
Daybeds outside under a tree





While the place is rustic with an old world flair, the building that housed the rooms are somehow modern and artistic with its yellow color.


Building where our rooms are
I'm liking this big daybed and colorful pillows
Staircase going to our room
Just a reminder though, the rooms are basic so do not expect too much. The size is just right I think but I guess for some they will consider it as small. There's no TV or fridge (I think the main purpose of the place is for you to go out and appreciate the surroundings) but what I liked is that we somehow have a terrace and the bathroom was big. The toilet is separate from the shower (with their own doors) so its perfect especially for non couples who are sharing the room. Both can do their business with privacy. 

View from our terrace
They have some bikes that you can use around the place. Its been a while (I mean years) since I last used one but you never forget how to bike anyway. 


Biking around with this artistic piece
After settling in and taking a bunch of pictures, we were off to Pradera wakepark to do some wakeboarding. Pradera is a new development in Lubao and one of their facilities is their wakepark. It is almost across Prado Farms but you’ll still need a car as it’s a long walk under the hot sun. 

Pradera Wakepark
The park is big (there’s a golf cart service that will take you around including the parking lot), you have the big lake where the pros are and 3 beginner lakes for novice wake boarders like me! I’ve tried wake boarding way back 2008 at CWC and it was not really an experience I would want to try again as I said to myself. This was more of overcoming that. The park also has some rooms that can be rented for the ones who would want to stay the night however it is a bit pricey. For our wakeboarding experience, we paid 475 for 2 hours which is inclusive of the helmet and vest.

Pumped and excited
Since it was lunch time when we got there and the operators need to take a break as well, we decided to get lunch first there.The food was delicious but a bit pricey (I’m guessing because people who go there are the “can afford” crowd).



After lunch, it was time. I was nervous because the last time I did it, I failed, hahaha. There’s not much pictures since we were all busy contemplating and psyching ourselves that we can do this.


My first run I was able to make it half of the lake before face planting and gulping a lot of lake water. My second try was a success and I was able to make it to the end. However I didn’t know how to turn so I let go and crashed. The crowd was picking up where we were and we decided to transfer to another beginner lake (good thing there’s golf cart service). I was pumped from my success that I did it for another 4 times reaching the end and crashing because I didn’t know how to turn. 

Since I was already on a high, I wanted my friend to take a video of me wakeboarding. Unfortunately, this time around, when I wasn’t as successful and 3/4th of the course I crashed. I was so disappointed that I wanted another try and same thing happened. I was frustrated because now that there’s video evidence I wasn’t able to complete the course. I wanted to give it another go but I was already too tired plus the crowd was picking up where we were so we decided to call it a day and return back to our hotel.


Tired but happy
Tired but happy
Done for the day
Kid at heart
Before heading back, the kids in us wanted to try the trampoline so ofcourse we did! The video will tell you that we didn’t enjoy it one bit (we were already putting it on our wishlist for Christmas!).


After a tiring day, we went  back to relax at the pool. We liked it because 1. The water was warm and relaxing and 2. We had the pool all to ourselves. The only thing is that the pool wasn’t chlorinated that some insects were already biting us.


When you have the pool to yourself
It was already past 7PM but we still had to drive to Subic because that’s where we’ll have our dinner as recommended by Jops. Rosey and I were so tired that we slept through the ride and just woke up when we were already there. I felt like just staying in the car and had them just eat dinner without me. But I managed to drag myself out of the car so I can have dinner.





We went to Texas Joe’s which is according to Jops was yummy and affordable. We started with some potato skins and chicken wings and it was sooo good (plus the fact that we were starving made it more delicious). I mean we ate the potato skins like there was a time limit. The seasoning with the sauce was so yummy! After devouring (yes that’s the term I’m using), it was time for our main course, ribs! Like our appetizers, we made quick work on the ribs, I guess too quick that we were full before we can move on to our brisket and egg rolls (this is the only decent picture of the food because we were already hungry and didn't want to waste time taking pictures). We just thought that we’ll have them wrapped to go and we’ll have breakfast. Like the ride going to Subic, Rosey and I were knocked out and was sleeping at the back. I have to give chops to Rhett because he was still driving even though he was also tired and all.
Ribs, Pulled Pork Egg Rolls and some Cornbread
Dinner at Texas Joe's Subic
Because we have the same motif which is red
Next day, Rosey and I woke up early to roam around and take pictures, can you say photoshoot? We took pictures and visited the chapel which has a beautiful wood cross.


Chapel
 
Gardens
Dining area
There's a lot of quirky pieces that you'll see around so keep your eyes open and your cameras ready.

Nativity made up of old gas barrels
I also took the opportunity to swim in the pool and I liked it because I was the only one there, kinda like I rented the place to myself (hashtag #likeaboss).

When you have the pool to yourself
After my swim, alas, it was time to go (not without taking more pictures!). 

I like their Pandan juice, refreshing!
One of the old houses
Group picture
Although short, it was definitely uber fun! It was a weekend of laughs, YOLO moments and good times. I was able to overcome my fear as well as thinking of picking up a new sport, hahaha, I guess not for now. :)

Creative use of empty gas barrels as their gate

 
Follow me on my social media channels:

Instagram: @thisischristianjohn

Comments

Popular Posts